Closing Down Sale now started
After 10.5 good years, the Peacock and the Tortoise is closing. Since the start of the pandemic we have been operating on a loss; this has made the business unsustainable. Perth is losing another independent.
We have had a good time.
Our last trading day will be 27 November. The sale has started; we are open Tuesday to Saturday 10 to 3. There will be a lunch break – as it has been so busy in the first few days of the sale that we need a break!
Sales Terms and Conditions
- Selling fabrics ONLY in increments of 50cm. No exceptions – it is for ease of calculation and speed.
- All samples and furniture ONLY paid for in cash. No exceptions.
- No stamps are given. Stamp cards, even when not full can be used as part-payment: £1 per stamp.
- All regular quilting fabric will be £8 per metre
- Plains will be £6.
- Extra wide fabric will be priced, but also only sold in increments of 50.
- All sewing thread will be £1.20.
- Embroidery threads: regular £0.80, special £1
- Sulky quilting £2
- Hand quilting £2.50
- Layer cakes £25
- Jelly Rolls £25
- Charm packs £ 8
- All haberdashery, unless otherwise stated: ½ marked price, rounded up to the nearest £0.05
- Ribbons and bias on the reel: will be priced per reel or what is left of it.
- Books half marked price.
No haggling, please.
Much of the shop furniture is for sale/ for uplift. Get in touch if you want to know more.